By Randall Fulton
Written through a Federal Aviation management (FAA) advisor exact engineering consultant (DER) and an electronics layout engineer who jointly taught the DO-254 category on the Radio Technical fee for Aeronautics, Inc. (RTCA) in Washington, District of Columbia, united states, Airborne digital layout insurance: A Practitioner's consultant to RTCA/DO-254 is a sworn statement to the teachings discovered and knowledge won from a long time of first-hand adventure within the layout, verification, and approval of airborne digital hardware.
This sensible advisor to using RTCA/DO-254 within the improvement of airborne digital for defense serious airborne applications:
- Describes the right way to optimize engineering procedures and practices to harmonize with DO-254
- Addresses the one such a lot tricky point of engineering and compliance to DO-254—poorly written requirements
- Includes an instructional on find out how to write standards that would reduce the associated fee and energy of digital layout and verification
- Discusses the typical pitfalls encountered by way of practitioners of DO-254, besides how these pitfalls ensue and what should be performed approximately them
- Settles the continued debate and misconceptions in regards to the actual definition of a derived requirement
- Promotes embracing DO-254 because the most sensible capability to accomplish compliance to it, in addition to the easiest route to fine quality digital hardware
Airborne digital layout insurance: A Practitioner's consultant to RTCA/DO-254 bargains real-world perception into RTCA/DO-254 and the way its ambitions may be chuffed. It presents engineers with useful info that may be utilized to any venture to make compliance to DO-254 as effortless and problem-free as possible.
Read or Download Airborne Electronic Hardware Design Assurance: A Practitioner's Guide to RTCA/DO-254 PDF
Similar aeronautics & astronautics books
This ebook explains plane buildings to be able to supply draughtsmen, fitters or authorized engineers with a uncomplicated knowing of the topic and the terminology used, in addition to illustrating a number of the difficulties. It presents a quick historic historical past, and covers components of the plane, rather a lot, structural shape, fabrics, methods, aspect layout, quality controls, stressing, and the documentation linked to amendment and upkeep.
Aimed at upper-level undergraduates, graduate scholars, and pros, this article matters the dynamics of atmospheric flight, with specialize in plane balance and regulate. an in depth set of numerical examples covers STOL airplanes, subsonic jet transports, hypersonic flight, balance augmentation, and wind and density gradients.
Authoritative and interesting, this renowned background strains the technological know-how of aerodynamics from the age of Newton throughout the mid-twentieth century. writer Theodore von Karman, a well known pioneer in aerodynamic examine, addresses himself to readers familiar with the proof of aviation yet much less accustomed to the field's underlying theories.
The layout, improvement, research, and assessment of latest airplane applied sciences corresponding to fly by way of cord, unmanned aerial autos, and micro air autos, necessitate a greater figuring out of flight mechanics at the a part of the aircraft-systems analyst. A textual content that offers unified insurance of plane flight mechanics and structures idea will cross some distance to creating research of those new applied sciences speedier and more straightforward
- Radar Cross Section
- Computational Aeroacoustics: A Wave Number Approach
- Aircraft powerplant handbook
- E.T. Talk: How Will We Communicate with Intelligent Life on Other Worlds?
- Principles of Aeroelasticity
- Aircraft Design: A Conceptual Approach
Extra resources for Airborne Electronic Hardware Design Assurance: A Practitioner's Guide to RTCA/DO-254
2. The document identifier should use the project specific designation. When DO-254 is used at the system level, the data should be more similar to what is shown in DO-254. In other words, the Top-Level Drawing would actually be used and not replaced with the PLD equivalent document. The additional considerations section of the PHAC includes a description of any previously developed hardware, usage of COTS components, product service experience, and an assessment of the development and verification tools used in the hardware life cycle.
10. 112, Standardized Procedures for Usage of Issue Papers and Development of Equivalent Levels of Safety Memorandums, Federal Aviation Administration, June 2010. Conducting Airborne Electronic Hardware Reviews Job Aid, Aircraft Certification Service, Federal Aviation Administration, February 2008. 3 Planning DO-254 development takes place within the context of ARP4754 processes. The certification aspects of airborne electronic hardware are encapsulated by the development of the system in which the electronic hardware is used.
B) The airplane systems and associated components, considered separately and in relation to other systems, must be designed so that— (1) The occurrence of any failure condition which would prevent the continued safe flight and landing of the airplane is extremely improbable, and (2) The occurrence of any other failure condition which would reduce the capability of the airplane or the ability of the crew to cope with adverse operating conditions is improbable. (c) Warning information must be provided to alert the crew to unsafe system operating conditions, and to enable them to take appropriate corrective action.